Bucharest – 24 September 2021 Insurance contracts concluded with City Insurance SA remain valid until their expiry, unless one of the following situations:
- Holder of insurance policy denounces the insurance contract
- The legal term of 90 days from the date the pronouncement of the Court decision for commencement of winding-up procedures is fulfilled, from which moment the insurance policies are legally terminated
- The judicial liquidator appointed by the Court at the time of commencement of winding-up procedures denounces the insurance policies, with the prior notice of policyholder.
With respect to concluding a new insurance contract with another insurer, this process should be done in parallel with the denouncement of the insurance policy concluded with the insolvent insurer.
Steps to be followed for the denouncement of the insurance contract:
Fill in the Request for denouncement of insurance contract. The form is available on City Insurance SA website, respectively www.cityinsurance.ro
Submit the Request for denouncement of insurance contract to City Insurance SA, on the dedicated e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit to FGA, via e-mail address email@example.com, a Payment request – Annex 9 – Payment request regarding the granting of premium refund (available on www.fgaromania.ro), together with the following documents:
- Act of empowerment, if applicable
- Copy of the ID
- Copy of the insurance policy
- Copy of the proof of payment for insurance premiums, if premiums were paid in installments
- Proof of denouncement of the insurance contract submitted to the insurer
FGA will register the payment requests and proceed to analyze them in the order of receipt and registration.